Our parks offer residents the opportunity to enjoy the relaxed and peaceful outdoors. We have areas to use for company picnics, family outings, church outings etc. For information on facility rentals contact the Opelousas Parks and Recreation Department.
The City of Opelousas operates two (2) recreation centers in North City Park and South City Park and offers a variety of summer programs.
Opelousas also has nine (9) additional neighborhood parks and playgrounds:
- South City Park– South Market Street
- North City Park – North Market Street
- Park Vista Playground – corner of Jasmine Drive and Rose Avenue
- Perry Lane Playground – corner of Perry Lane and Paris Street
- Sidney Street Playground – corner of Herman Street and Sidney Street and corner of Sidney Street and Patsy Street
- Grolee Playground – Grolee Street
- Greenwood Playground – corner of College Avenue and Arkansas Avenue
- Ledoux Circle Playground – Ledoux Circle
- Southwest Playground – Park Avenue
- Fern Street Playground – Fern Street
- Indian Hills Playgrounds – Natchez Blvd and Cherokee Drive
SOUTH CITY PARK CAMP GROUND
1524 South Market Street
Opelousas, Louisiana 70570
Reservations: 337-948-2560 or email@example.com
Sites: 67 Sites
Amenities: South City Park offers 30 Paved Sites, 37 Grass Sites, RV Parking. All sites with water and electric hookup (20/30), dump station.
Attractions: Historic District, historical churches and cemeteries, Evangeline Downs Casino and Racetrack, fine food and music festivals.