The St. Landry Parish Community Action Agency will be accepting applications for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for December 2020 @ THE I.F.B.S. LODGE in LEONVILLE on THURSDAY DECEMBER 17TH FROM
10:30 am to 12 p.m.
We will only accept the FIRST 25 APPLICANTS per location (1 application per household). We will hand out numbers 1 through 25 once we arrive so please do not start a list because it will not be utilized. Please note that we are traveling to assist many different areas of the entire Parish of St. Landry so we must limit the number of applicants per location. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Items needed to process EACH application are as follows:
- Current/ Unexpired Driver’s License, State Issued ID, OR Sheriff Department ID. Address on your utility bill must match your address on your ID. If the address does not match, you must provide a water bill , cable bill, etc. as proof of residence
- Original Social Security Cards for ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS.
- Proof of Income for ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS (Social Security, SSI Benefit, Retirement Payments or Pension, ETC). IMPORTANT: Income must be for the year 2020, ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!. Food Stamps and child support DO NOT count as income
- —-If you are currently working, we need the last 4 CONSECUTIVE check stubs from your employer, no exceptions. If you are not working, you will be required to sign a ZERO INCOME STATEMENT FORM and check off the appropriate reason(s) that you are not currently working.
- Most recent light AND/ or gas bill for October or November 2020.
- ALL ITEMS MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE SERVICE; NO EXCEPTIONS or THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
After signing the release form, all applications will be taken back to the Community Action office for processing. Please allow 7-10 business days from the date that the application is processed to determine if you will receive assistance. We will mail out Client Qualification Notices or Denial Letters.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in allowing our agency to service your Community!